Donate your BetterPoints to great local causes
Users can donate their BetterPoints earned from the Get Active in Ebbsfleet challenge in support of local charities. One such charity listed on the BetterPoints app is ellenor, a hospice providing care to patients of all ages and their families facing terminal and life limiting illness in Kent.
The hospice is based in Gravesend with their ward and day services offered on site. However, 90% of the care they give is provided in the comfort and security of the patient’s own home. They provide Specialist palliative care, Respite, 'Living Well' Services, Play and Music Therapy, Physiotherapy and Counselling.
ellenor is not part of the NHS and depends on donations from the local community to fund its vital work. It costs £7 million a year to run and, like many charities, the hospice lost a considerable amount of income and had to suspend or adapt services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Despite the setbacks, ellenor haven't been discouraged. They are running some exciting challenges and events in 2021 for you to get involved in and help them towards their fundraising goals.
Donations from BetterPoints users are a valuable contributor to the fundraising effort for charities like ellenor, as Leah Poppy - Corporate & Community Fundraiser - explains:
“ellenor have been benefiting from the Betterpoints donation programme since late 2018 and thus far our supporters, by choosing to donate their Betterpoints to ellenor, have helped us reach a donation from Betterpoints of over £1,000.
I would like to say a very big thank you to everyone who has chosen to support ellenor through their Betterpoints app”.
How can I donate my BetterPoints?
- Track your active travel journeys in and around Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley
- Collect your BetterPoints
- Select ‘donate’, choose ellenor from the list of causes and then the amount of BetterPoints.
I am not signed up to BetterPoints...how do I join?
- Download the BetterPoints app for free from the App Store or Google Play.
- Complete the registration form and then join the 'Get Active in Ebbsfleet' challenge from the invitation in your app timeline. If you are an existing ellenor supporter, please submit the referral code ellenor when you register.
For more information about how to take part, tap or click here.
The BetterPoints team