Donate your BetterPoints to great local causes
Users can donate their BetterPoints earned from the Get Active in Ebbsfleet challenge in support of local charities. One such charity listed on the BetterPoints app is We Are Beams, who provide support to disabled children and their families in Kent and Medway.
The local charity offer a lifeline to local families whose children require permanent care due to a form of physical, learning or sensory impairment. Their work is divided up into four key service areas: Short Breaks, Family Advice, Direct Payment and the Dragon’s Retreat Unit, a children's home providing overnight care and enriching experiences. At any one time they support 450 families.
Like many charities the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted We Are Beams. The cancellation of group gathering events has led to a considerable loss of income, whilst demands for their services are higher than ever.
However, this hasn't deterred them from their goals, with a number of exciting virtual events and challenges on offer for 2021.
Donations from BetterPoints users are a valuable contributor to the fundraising effort for charities like We Are Beams. They are easy to achieve too:
How can I donate my BetterPoints?
- Track your active travel journeys in and around Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley
- Collect your BetterPoints
- Select ‘donate’, choose We Are Beams from the list of causes and then the amount of BetterPoints.
I am not signed up to BetterPoints...how do I join?
- Download the BetterPoints app for free from the App Store or Google Play.
- Complete the registration form and then join the 'Get Active in Ebbsfleet' challenge from the invitation in your app timeline.
For more information about how to take part, tap or click here.
The BetterPoints team